Monday, March 1, 2010

What, How & Why: A Closer Look - Featuring Lynn Cyr

At iPrintfromHome.com, we work with artists and photographers from across the United States and Canada. We're inspired everyday by the images that they send to us and by the stories they share.

In our "What, How & Why" interview series, we take a closer look at some of these fascinating people.

We've asked each participating artist or photographer three simple questions:

1. What do you do?
2. How do you do it?
3. Why do you use iPrintfromHome.com?

Please read on to find out more about Lynn Cyr.









Lynn Cyr
Oil & Watercolor Artist
Fort Kent, ME


What do you do?
I'm mostly a self-taught artist, working primarily in Oil and Watercolor. I like to challenge myself by painting different subjects, whether it’s a portrait, still life, or landscape. But no matter the subject or medium, it’s no question that my work follows a consistent theme: color and simplicity.

Although my online store is based in Fort Kent, ME, my working studio and gallery is situated on a peaceful lake in Quebec, on the border of New Brunswick and Maine. In addition to selling my work online, I also participate in art shows on a regular basis, because I love the human interaction between me and my collectors.



How do you do it?
Depending on the painting, I either paint from life or from my own photos and sketches, using various reference images to create my own composition. It could be a combination of colors and shadows I see reflected on a bowl of fruit, or the unique way I compose a design to make my simple subjects tell a story. I generally don’t confine myself to small details, and prefer to let loose and allow my work to have a realistic, yet painterly feel.

Why do you use iPrintfromHome.com?
Why wouldn't I? :) Since opening my shop on Etsy, I thought it would be the perfect venue to sell Giclees of my original paintings. They're easy to ship, a fraction of the cost of my original pieces, and allows for more collectors to own one of my creations.

I had three requirements: A) my Giclees had to be created professionally, not from my home printer; B) the quality had to be top-notch; C) it had to be from a company that was big enough to do the job well, yet small enough that I could just pick up the phone and talk to a real person. IPfH met all the criteria!! :) I couldn't be happier with their prints... they're so incredibly accurate in terms of color and texture, you'd swear they were originals. And the service I get there is just outstanding - really something you don't see often in businesses nowadays! I've highly recommend them numerous times to my artist friends!!

Contact Information:
Lynn Cyr
www.lynnlovesart.com
lynncyrart.etsy.com
lynncyrart.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will be reviewed before being published.