Thursday, August 26, 2010

What, How & Why: A Closer Look - Featuring Caroline Moore

At iPrintfromHome.com, we work with artists and photographers from across the United States and Canada. We're inspired everyday by the images that they send to us and by the stories they share.

In our "What, How & Why" interview series, we take a closer look at some of these fascinating people.

We've asked each participating artist or photographer three simple questions:

1. What do you do?
2. How do you do it?
3. Why do you use iPrintfromHome.com?

Please read on to find out more about Caroline Moore.










Caroline Moore
Photographer, Designer & Illustrator
Orono, ME

What do you do?
I'm a self-taught photographer, designer and illustrator with a B.A. in new media from the University of Maine. I own two part-time etsy businesses, sixhours photography and calobee doodles.


My photographs are conceptual art, and tend to be dark and strange, laden with fairytale-esque themes and imagery.

In contrast, my designs and illustrations are childlike, colorful and friendly. I particularly enjoy creating art for children and designing materials for other small businesses.


The majority of my illustration business is custom design, and I love working with new customers!

How do you do it?
I'm a child of the digital age. Some of my earlier photography is cross-processed slide film, but the majority of my photographs now are digital. I shoot raw and do some post-processing in photoshop. My illustrations are also exclusively digital, and I'm sorry to say I am useless with a pencil. I typically freehand my "doodles" in Illustrator, experimenting with colors and shapes until I get a design just right.

Why do you use iPrintfromHome.com?
iPrintfromHome was originally recommended to me on a community forum when I started selling prints of my photographs. My former printer was a bit slow with deliveries, and I'd had a few too many mixed up orders to feel truly comfortable with them. When I received my first iPrintfromHome order, I was immediately impressed by the turnaround time and the quality. When I had to return my first print due to damage by the shipping service, I discovered just how quick and friendly a return could be--no hassle! I recommend iPrintfromHome to anyone I know who's looking for a printing service.


Contact Information:
Caroline Moore
www.calobeedoodles.com
calobee.etsy.com
www.sixhours.net
sixhours.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will be reviewed before being published.