Thursday, June 11, 2015

What, How & Why: A Closer Look - Featuring Tom Burns


At iPrintfromHome.com, we work with artists and photographers from across the United States and Canada. We're inspired everyday by the images that they send to us and by the stories they share.
In our "What, How & Why" interview series, we take a closer look at some of these fascinating people.


We've asked each participating artist or photographer three simple questions:

1. What do you do?

2. How do you do it?
3. Why do you use iPrintfromHome.com?

Please read on to find out more about Tom Burns.
















Tom Burns
Photographer
Buffalo, NY

What do you do?
I am a PR/Marketing professional who loves photography. Ever since I was a child I almost always had some type of camera, but never an SLR or DSLR.until 5 years ago when I bought an entry level Nikon. I initially made the purchase to better capture our children and their many activities. However, within a couple of weeks after my purchase, I started to leave the house early on weekend mornings looking for a photo to capture. A second camera, and four lenses later, I am hooked.

I love the idea of just going out to look for a photo, be it a sunset, night shot, cityscape, or sporting event.there is nothing like the thrill of that hunt. I love color. I have dabbled in some black and white, and there are a few that I enjoy, but I love color. The color of a sky at sunset or sunrise. The impact the sun has on a building or a portrait. When shooting I look for light and lines. My grandfather was an artist, so I get some of my "eye" for this from him I believe. 


I primarily shoot landscapes/cityscapes, architecture, and amateur sporting events (high school and some college). I have been fortunate enough to have had the opportunity to shoot a Bills and Sabres game also. I have also shot some events and parties, as well as a few family portrait sessions with success. There is a different kind of energy when shooting people. 


How do you do it?
I shoot with a Nikon D5100, and hope to add to my arsenal in the near future.stepping up the ladder with a new Nikon body. I'm drawn to night/low light shooting, so there's always a tripod somewhere close-by. I do some minor post-processing with Lightroom, and an occasional clone clean-up in Photoshop, but generally I like photos to look like what I saw when I released the shutter. 

Why do you use iPrintfromHome.com?
As I've advanced this hobby into a small (and fun) side business, I've been in the market for a lab that can provide me with prints for art shows, portrait packages, etc. I've found that iPrintfromHome.com provides me with the best option for prints for a few reasons. First, the selection of sizes rivals any of the national labs, and the pricing is more than competitive. The quality of prints has been incredibly consistent. And because they are local (to me) the convenience cannot be matched.order in the evening, pick up the next day.or shipped to me one day later. 

Contact Information:

Tom Burns
www.tomburnsphotography.com
www.facebook.com/tomburnsphoto

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will be reviewed before being published.