Monday, January 15, 2018

What, How & Why: A Closer Look - Featuring Sharleen Decano

At iPrintfromHome.com, we work with artists and photographers from across the United States and Canada. We're inspired everyday by the images that they send to us and by the stories they share.
In our "What, How & Why" interview series, we take a closer look at some of these fascinating people.

We've asked each participating artist or photographer three simple questions:

1. What do you do?
2. How do you do it?
3. Why do you use iPrintfromHome.com?

Please read on to find out more about Sharleen Decano.



Sharleen Decano 
Artist
Riverside, CA

What do you do?

I'm an artist that dabbles in different types of arts and crafts, but my main medium of choice and that I have a lot of experience with would be gum wrappers. I then sell prints of my art online on etsy and in person, usually at a convention or to friends.

How do you do it?
I usually start off with an idea of what I want to make and/or I make a stencil with images I find online. With my stencil made and choosing from the abundance of gum wrappers I collect, I decide what colors I want my piece to be, and mix and match it with colors that go well with it. Then I start to working on peeling the foil part of the gum wrapper off and placing it on my stencil.


Why do you use iPrintfromHome.com?
I use iPrintfromHome, because for one, they have a certain print surface called metallic that make my images really pop out. I couldn't really find other printing services that had this option, so I'm glad I found this one. Because using a different print surface like lustre or glossy don't do my images enough justice and usually just dulled it out. But with the metallic surface, it perfectly captures the foil look of my art and enhances its overall look. Secondly, it's very affordable for me and I get my prints fairly quickly. And thirdly, they've been very helpful when I've reached out to them for help with my prints.


Contact Information:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will be reviewed before being published.