Thursday, July 19, 2018

What, How & Why: A Closer Look - Featuring David Bender

At iPrintfromHome.com, we work with artists and photographers from across the United States and Canada. We're inspired everyday by the images that they send to us and by the stories they share.
In our "What, How & Why" interview series, we take a closer look at some of these fascinating people.

We've asked each participating artist or photographer three simple questions:

1. What do you do?
2. How do you do it?
3. Why do you use iPrintfromHome.com?

Please read on to find out more about David Bender.


David Bender
Artist
Chicago, IL

What do you do? 
I'm a digital collage artist, photographer, and collector of photographs from the 19th century. The main focus of my work is creating surreal, digital collages using the people in the photos that I collect. I call it The Forgotten Lives Project (#TheForgottenLivesProject).

How do you do it?
For posterity and out of respect for the physical photographs, I never alter them. I create a high-resolution scan and painstakingly retouch each digital image to remove scratches, stains, and fading. I cut out the backgrounds of the portraits and combine them with objects and elements that I've photographed and digitally cut out. I piece them together to create mini, surreal worlds that I hope take the viewer to another place and time.

Why do you use iPrintfromHome.com? 
The quality of their giclée prints are amazing. It can be hard to find a place that is consistent, has great customer service, great prices, and great quality prints. iPrintfromHome.com offers all of those things and I'm never let down.

Contact Information:


David Bender
Chicago, IL



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will be reviewed before being published.