Monday, September 21, 2009

What, How & Why: A Closer Look - Featuring Bob Kopf

At iPrintfromHome.com, we work with artists and photographers from across the United States and Canada. We're inspired everyday by the images that they send to us and by the stories they share.

In our "What, How & Why" interview series, we take a closer look at some of these fascinating people.

We've asked each participating artist or photographer three simple questions:

1. What do you do?
2. How do you do it?
3. Why do you use iPrintfromHome.com?

Please read on to find out more about our first featured customer, Bob Kopf.




Bob Kopf
Graphic Designer
Grand Island, NY

What do you do?
I am a graphic designer for deSignet International, a local Grand Island jewelry manufacturer. I have been involved in photography for over 40 years...mostly as a hobby but more recently on a professional basis.

I have been involved in youth hockey with my sons for over 25 years and feel there is a market for the panoramic collage prints that I create....not only in hockey but just about any youth sport.

I use various photo-editing software programs, mainly PhotoShop and Corel PhotoPaint.

How do you do it?
I first got the idea to do one of the sports collage with my son's Niagara University tennis team. The collage was a huge success and one is currently on display in the Niagara University Tennis Club house (along with one of the women's team).

I thought "why not youth hockey?"....so, just before Christmas of last year I approached the team that my 3 sons coach and presented the idea along with a copy of the tennis collage. Since then I have done approximately 80 collages...and have turned down even more.


The photos are taken during games and practices (hockey photos are extremely difficult due to the arena lighting and speed of the game).

I then review all of the photos, pick out the best 5-6 per player and do my thing with PhotoShop...masking is critical...extract the player from the original photo and add to a new panoramic size file..create any graphic work (logos and team name) and complete the collage. The photo editing is time consuming...not to mention the time spent at the arena.

My main goal when I started was to see if there was a market...if so I would create a business for my retirement. Well...there is a market...now all I have to do is retire.

Why do you use iPrintfromHome?
Because of the quality of the products, the pricing of the products, the unbelievable customer service, and the ease and speed of order processing. Quite frankly, no one can compete with what they offer.

Contact Information
Bob Kopf
(716) 773-6306
rwk@giecom.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will be reviewed before being published.