Friday, September 25, 2009

What, How & Why: A Closer Look - Featuring Anna L. Sexton, owner/maker of Greetings that Grow™

At iPrintfromHome.com, we work with artists and photographers from across the United States and Canada. We're inspired everyday by the images that they send to us and by the stories they share.

In our "What, How & Why" interview series, we take a closer look at some of these fascinating people.

We've asked each participating artist or photographer three simple questions:

1. What do you do?
2. How do you do it?
3. Why do you use iPrintfromHome.com?

Please read on to find out more about Anna L. Sexton, owner/maker of Greetings that Grow™.




Anna L. Sexton
owner/maker of Greetings that Grow™
Dunkirk, NY




What do you do?
I make (the original) plantable photo greeting cards and note cards.

How do you do it?
I take post consumer papers recycled from my own junk mail, a couple local schools, the university where my husband teaches, and from friends who collect it from their workplaces. I shred the paper, make it into pulp, and then embed seeds in it so it can be planted.


I hand cut all my sheets of paper and then adhere a print of one of my photographs (always printed by iprintfromhome.com!) onto the front of each card with a removable adhesive. Each greeting card also has a matching plantable envelope that I hand make as well.

All of my wildflower seeds are organic and by Jan 2010, all the rest of my seeds will be organic as well!

Why do you use iPrintfromHome?
I have been using iprintfromhome since October 2008. Prior to that, I had used several other local and online labs to develop my pictures. I found that the labs were inconsistent in quality and service. I asked around the Etsy.com forums and was told by several people to try iprintfromhome.com.

When I placed my first order, I was very skeptical b/c I could not believe that a professional lab could have fantastic prints AND such reasonable prices! I was ecstatic when I received my first order and was not only proven wrong, but AMAZED by the (gallery) quality of print, packaging, and quick turnaround time.

I love that iPfH offers such a wide variety of sizes and finishes, as well as Giclee prints. Not only that but with iPfH's 1 day turnaround time, I am able to get my prints within 2 days of ordering, which means running out of prints and turning down rush orders b/c I can't get the prints on time is a thing of the past for my business!

The few times I have had questions about ordering, prints, etc. the customer service has been 100% FANTASTIC. When you call, you get a live person, not a recording or robot to talk with, and the people answering the phones are always friendly, knowledgeable and patient. Same goes for email customer service, which likewise involves fast, courteous, knowledgeable responses.


Contact Information:
Anna L. Sexton
www.greetingsthatgrow.etsy.com
greetingsthatgrow@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will be reviewed before being published.