Friday, January 29, 2010

What, How & Why: A Closer Look - Featuring Lauren Alexander

At iPrintfromHome.com, we work with artists and photographers from across the United States and Canada. We're inspired everyday by the images that they send to us and by the stories they share.

In our "What, How & Why" interview series, we take a closer look at some of these fascinating people.

We've asked each participating artist or photographer three simple questions:

1. What do you do?
2. How do you do it?
3. Why do you use iPrintfromHome.com?

Please read on to find out more about Lauren Alexander.






Lauren Alexander
Watercolor Artist
Overland Park, KS



What do you do?
I am a watercolor artist and I paint fun and colorful things for your home, nursery, or office. I love to use color in new and interesting ways. I am most influenced by nature, animals, music, and kids. I am an art teacher too, so being around people and art every day is a great way to stay inspired.


I love making people happy with my work.

It is the greatest feeling in the world to do something that can make someone smile.





How do you do it?
I generally paint really small 9"x12" or smaller. It makes it easier for me to paint a lot of different things at once. My favorite thing is to paint really small - ACEO size; 2.5"x3.5". I love to do many layers of paint - probably more than a typical watercolor artist, and I think that is how I get my colors so vibrant and bright. I like it when my watercolor paintings don't really look like watercolor anymore!

For a step by step visual of my painting process visit this blog post: Photo Diary of My Painting

Why do you use iPrintfromHome.com?
I use iPrintfromHome.com because I don't print from home! I am frustrated by all that goes into home printing with the ink, paper, etc. I have found that iPrintfromHome.com has an amazing quality print that is extremely professional. When I needed a way to print my small ACEO paintings, I went to iPrintfromHome and decided to have them printed on 3.5"x5" paper - a perfect fit for framing. People really like that size and they are a big part of my online store! Fast and friendly service is also a plus - I am big on customer service and I love working with a company that operates on that high of a level.

Contact Information:
Lauren Alexander
www.laurenalexander.etsy.com
www.laurenalexanderart.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will be reviewed before being published.