Wednesday, August 22, 2018

What, How & Why: A Closer Look - Featuring Ann Oh

At iPrintfromHome.com, we work with artists and photographers from across the United States and Canada. We're inspired everyday by the images that they send to us and by the stories they share.
In our "What, How & Why" interview series, we take a closer look at some of these fascinating people.

We've asked each participating artist or photographer three simple
questions:

1. What do you do?
2. How do you do it?
3. Why do you use iPrintfromHome.com?

Please read on to find out more about Ann Oh.

Ann Oh
Artist
St. Cloud, MN

What do you do? 
I'm an artist currently trying to explore the boundaries of makeup as a fine art medium. I strongly believe that makeup is an art form and invest a lot of my time creating intricate makeup looks where I turn myself into paintings, sculptures, or create original looks based on ideas heavily influenced by art. I hope to someday see makeup looks displayed prominently in art galleries and taught as part of art courses. I also post videos of me creating my looks on Youtube, so other people can also learn from my process. It's been a very rewarding experience thus far.


How do you do it? 
I typically start by painting my entire face white to mimic the color of a canvas. Then, using eyeshadows, face paints, mixing mediums, and other makeup products, I carefully add in color and texture until I am satisfied with the outcome. This process can take up to 6 hours. I spend another hour taking pictures, which I then upload to my computer to edit. I typically adjust the contrast, lighten or darken certain areas of the photo, and also add artistic effects to further enhance the look, such as adding light particles over the hair to look like little fireflies or snow. Then it's ready to be printed!


Why do you use iPrintfromHome.com?

Having prints of my work to sell has always been a goal of mine, but unfortunately I lacked the money to create my own. A local artist recommended I use iPrintfromHome.com. Tentatively, I ordered my first batch, unsure of what to expect - but was blown away by the quality of each print and the fast shipping. I've used it as my main printing service ever since. I recommend this website to any artist looking for high-quality prints of their work.

Contact Information:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will be reviewed before being published.